At GLEX, risk management comes first. We maintain sophisticated risk management systems, processes and controls. Risk policies are determined centrally, exposures are analysed daily, and our procedures are continuously monitored and updated. GLEX applies a wide range of risk management tools to minimize overall exposure at any one point in time. Glex assets are insured by the largest insurance companies in Europe against a variety of risks which are commonplace in the industry.
Risk management options include:
- Financial derivative instruments to hedge commodity price and foreign currency exchange rate risks
- Insurance to hedge various operational risks including freight-related and political risks
- Due diligence prior to acquisition and good management after acquisition to hedge environmental risks
- Ready access to sufficient capital and funding to hedge liquidity risk
- Strict policies and procedures to hedge counterparty relationships, fraud and regulatory risks